Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wrestlemania

Today I would like to switch to a sport that doesn't get much attention as a major sport. On Sunday night Wrestlemania 24 was on pay per view. This is the WWE's biggest night of the year.I must admit that I used to be a huge WWE fan, however I am not a big follower of it anymore. Saying that, I watched this Wrestlemania and it was one of the most exciting wrestling events I watched in a very long time. First off I saw my favorite wrestler, The Undertaker, defeat Edge and win the championship.There was also a very good triple threat match for the championship between three of today's best wrestlers: Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H. Randy Orton won this very entertaining match. Another great event was boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s defeat of the monster 440 pound Big Show. It was amazing to see a 140 pound boxer defeat the Big Show by knocking him out. The greatest event of the night was the last match ever of Ric Flair. He was defeated by HBK. Flair has been fighting since 1972, and has been champion a record 16 times. The fans gave him a well deserved standing ovation afterwards. The next night on Monday Night Raw he gave his farewell address and all his colleagues came out to salute him. I have admired Ric Flair for all of my life, and he is probably he best wrestler to live.I am glad I decided to watch this event.

No comments: